Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Year

In the cool of the evening I spent a few moments loving on and wandering around with my mare, not asking her for more than either of us could give.  Today I needed to be sure she was happy being with me, not burdened by my presence.  I gave her extra scratches under her chin and on her forehead, and perhaps a few more treats than she needed.

I put aside my checklist of things to accomplish and took a deep breath, remembering when things were as simple as enjoying our time together.  Moe would have wanted that, I think--and a few extra treats.

Miss you so very much, Moe.  I cannot believe it's been one whole year without you.  Nothing about me has been the same without you here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome. Comment some more and I will be sure to tell you again. :)