Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life of the Party

My favorite exchange from tonight's writing. Enjoy!

~~~


None of Derek’s buddies wanted to turn on him--they had their social standing to think about.  I got it, but, thanks, guys.  No, really!  I’m fine here under 175 pounds of misguided hormones.  

If only Tanya had given in when I’d begged her to come with me to the afterparty, then Derek would be all up in her business instead of man-handling me.  None of the rumors at school on Monday morning would be about me, at least.  But, nooo...  She had to go and catch the flu and leave me here with Mr. Grabbyhands.  I was calling her first thing in the morning to tell her to dump this loser, that is, if he didn’t suffocate me first.

“Lulu,”  Derek slurred.

“Lucy!”

“That’s what I said!”  He insisted, showing every single one of his pearly whites.  “Liesl.”

“Now you’re just making it up.”

“You know who you are and you know you want to take this party somewhere more... pirate.”  He suggested, his hooded eyes way too close to mine.  In case I hadn’t caught his meaning, he brought his foul mouth back to my ear and proceeded to stick his nasty tongue in there.  Ewww.  Who did that?

As enticing as his slobber was in my ear-hole, I’d had enough.  “It’s ‘private’, you moron!  And you seriously need to get off of me right now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome. Comment some more and I will be sure to tell you again. :)